That’s it. I managed to implement options for QLFits3, thanks to the fantastic help from the BetterZipQL developer (Thanks Robert!).
It has been quite an interesting challenge! Now a tiny “config” app is bundled with the QL generator and is running un background, listening for some custom URL scheme whose content is formatted in such way it is transformed into key-value pair, which in turns is saved inside a pref file…
Let me know if it works for you! The one-line installer:
curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/onekiloparsec/QLFits/master/Scripts/install.sh | sh
QLFits is certainly the most well known of of my software. It all started just before iObserve, actually, back in 2010! Long ago, when QLFits was in version 2.0 (or even before, I think), there was the possibility to customise the output. This is a requested feature again. And indeed, some people want to customise the output, not really the look of it, but rather the presence, or not, of the headers, by defaults.
Given the very small amount of documentation that Apple is providing on that matter, I am struggling a bit alone. However, I got help from the developer of another great QuickLook plugin: BetterZipQL. You must definitely grab it. It’s free, and provide invaluable insight of your zipped files.